Dorothy, we're not in Kansas anymore! When they say thunderstorms, they mean it. We drove down to New York last night, and was caught in a doozy. Trees were falling, branches were scattered all over the road, and lightning was striking everywhere.
The rain was coming down so hard, we had to pull over for a bit. The water filled the entire road and ran above the curb and gutter to flood the sidewalk. I have to admit, as the cars crawled through the deep water, Amy and I thought it would be fun to go "puddling" and see just how much spray a tiny Kia can make! We may have done it just a couple of times... :-0
Amy and I are in New Jersey this week becoming "Janome Certified". So, far, after 2 days of intense training, we are so happy with decision to become a Janome Dealer and are excited to come home and show you all the amazing features unique to the Janome line!
Monday we spent the day learning all the amazing features and functions of the brand new Horizon 7700. I am now fully convinced that this machine can also be called Lexi, because it is the Lexus of all sewing machines!
The accufeed system feeds the fabric through the foot and feed dogs in perfect sync, making the decorative stitches come out perfectly every time. I'm also extremely excited for the release of the Quilt Binding Foot next month. I watched it with my own eyes - it can bind a quilt in 1 step! And... the first photo shows the size of the monogram stitches - a full 7mm!
Yesterday, we were introduced to the world of embroidery. Since it was the first time either of us had ever embroidered in our lives, the rest of the class was convinced we'd been living in a cave. We are giving them such a great first impression of Idaho! ;-) Today, we are off to certify on the Digitizer software to create and customize our own embroidery images. With any luck, we will have the Quilt Barn logo embroidered on anything and everything by next week. Just kidding!
1. Purchase a copy of Schnibbles Times Two by Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie’s Quilt Company.
2. Use any currently available Layer Cakes and/or Charm Packs from Moda Fabrics and make any quilt from the book Schnibbles Times Two by Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilt Company. *Contestants may enter as many quilts in this contest as they like. Each quilt must be accompanied by a separate completed and signed entry form.
3. Each quilt must be delivered to The Quilt Barn by closing time on July 31, 2010. “Finished” means bound and quilted (either by the contestant or someone else), with a label and hanging sleeve. The completed and signed “Schnibbles Contest Entry and Publicity Release Form” must be attached to the quilt.
4. All contestants’ quilts will be displayed in the shop for everyone to enjoy.The Quilt Barn will have a contest (*check for the details about the local contest at the store) to select one winning quilt from the entries submitted to their shop. Martingale & Company and Moda Fabrics assume no responsibility for the outcome of local shop contests. Each local winner will become a finalist in the overall competition.
5. One finalist will be selected by viewer’s choice vote and photos of that quilt will be submitted to Martingale & Co. by August 16, 2010, for the overall competition.
6. Winners of the overall competition will be selected September 15, 2010, and will begin receiving their prize shipments in September!
For more details, entry forms and contest rules come and see us!
You will need to download both of these in order to make the bag. (*to download- click the link above, click download now, wait about 20 seconds for the Download file now to appear and click to finish downloading.)