Friday, May 13, 2011

Quilt Market in SLC!

So, I thought I would share some of my favorite things about 2011 Quilt Market in SLC... so, I will try, and I say try with the very best of intentions, to blog my entire experience. :-) Thursday was what they call Schoolhouse - a series of miniclasses taught by designers, various vendors, and other quilt shop owners. One of my very favorite was the Moda Design team introducing their upcoming bloghop this fall. I can't wait! As you hop from blog to blog, you collect free patterns for the cutest projects ever! But, my favorite thing was when Moda Designer Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts showed us a bag she made with an extra orphan block. She told of how she would throw this cute little bag over her shoulder and tell her husband she was going shopping. He saw her little bag and didn't worry that she would spend too much. However...














The minute she walked out the door, she would reach in and pull the bottom out to magically transform the little bag into...












A gigantic shopping bag!!!!










She is so adorable, I just love to listen to her cute accent and her zest for life is contagious!


Stay tuned... the Author of "A Boy Story"...Anni Downs from Australia has a new book of stitchery, applique, and projects large and small...

No comments:

Post a Comment