Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sewing Summit Recap


This last weekend was the inagural Sewing Summit.  A sewing and blogging conference for the modern sewist. Or, get to meet all your bloggy friends and  the women behind the awesome blogs you follow. And get a bunch of free stuff. Check out our swag bags. It was like Christmas and Halloween!

One of the high lights of the trip was taking a free motion quilting class taught by Allison of Cluck Cluck Sew. You might know her from her visually delish blog and her patterns. She gave lots of great tips and really demystified quilting on your home machine. What would you think about The Quilt Barn teaching a free motion quilting class?


She had several of her own quilts on display and of course I had to take a closer look and and a secret picture. This is her Kaleidoscope pattern. I am cutting out the pieces for this one right now using Joel Dewberry's Heirloom collection.


Did I mention I was going to be a picture dork? I might have. This is me trying to look hip with my name tag.
We should all go next year. We could book a whole wing of The Little America and decorate our doors with bunting. We would make fabric name tags and participate in fat quarter, charm square and zippered pouches swaps.
We would take classes from women whose blogs we follow, and win lots of door prizes.
We would sew into the wee hours of the night in the sewing room (machines provided). Or we could go to sleep around 10 cause we are just so tired. Yah, I'm a sewing party animal.
We would eat amazing food, meet awesome people and walk around Salt Lake City and see the sights.
So, what do you think? This time next year?

I will be posting a few more pics of the weekend here. I will share with you my star struck moment with Dana of The Old Red Barn.

Our next Sew Along is going to be Amy Butler's Weekender Travel bag. I have always wanted to make this bag, and the pattern has been languishing for quite a while, but have been intimidated. KZ said she would help me put together a sew along for us so we can make this awesome bag. Posts will start October 24th.
You can follow along on our Flickr group as well. Post pictures of your fabric choices and progress.

I will annouce more details as they come available. If you would like to participate with us you can start by getting your pattern and fabric.

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

1 comment: