Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sneak Peak



Does anyone use Instagram on their smart phone? I do and it has become by go to camera. I am not even sure where my camera is.

I took this picture of a store sample I am making this morning. The top looks a little lumpy. It is laid out on my bed. Also known as my design wall.

I love Sarah Jane's fabric line, Children at Play, and knew pinwheels had to be featured somehow. I searched for patterns that would fit but I came up short. Whats a girl to do? Make up a pattern. Why not?

I dont have a little boy but I could'nt resist the Rocket Making Club fabric. It reminds me of Dick and Jane. So retro and fun. Someone have a boy baby so I can give ths to you.

I kept adding and sewing and came up with something I think will work. I have it sandwiched and ready to be quilted. I am going to use my home machine for this one. I am putting together an free motion class and will take notes as I quilt this one.

So, what do you think so far? I'm not sure how long it will take to quilt but I am hoping to show it early next week.

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

Linking up to

 

4 comments:

  1. What fun fabrics! Some little guy is going to love that quilt. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt.
    And no. I don't
    instagram. But
    really want to learn.
    Have a great weekend.
    Sincerely, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice quilt! Sarah has some super cute designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt. I really want to try more pinwheels. :)

    ReplyDelete