Thursday, May 31, 2012

Grandma's Kitchen Applique Quilt


I begged Heather to carry some of Lori Holt's applique patterns. They are so stinkin cute. We got Grandma's Garden and Women's work.
This one above I am working on and its the Grandma's Garden pattern. I love applique and the mixer is my favorite.


I thought I should start with some of the simpler patterns to get into the groove. I used Walk in the Woods Grey Stripe and Orange Flea Market Fancy for the handles.


The canisters are Meadow Sweet (strawberries) and Flea Market Fancy Eyelet in Green

Jenele is making this one, Women's Work.  We vowed to make a few blocks a month. We will be sharing our progress.
 There are many blocks with embroidery and I am kind of new to that so fingers crossed. Ive made simple dish towels with embroidery on the corners but that's about it.

I want to start an applique group and work on these patterns with others. What do you think?

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

4 comments:

  1. Is the pattern for Grandma's Kitchen available?
    Vonmohrl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the pattern for Grandma's Kitchen available?
    Vonmohrl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a Lori Holt Bee In My Bonnet pattern and can be found on her blog.

      Delete
  3. Any chance you'd make the Grandma Kitchen quilt in a twin xl for me? I'm brand new, and I really need this for my daughter's dorm room

    ReplyDelete