Monday, May 14, 2012

Rag Hexagon Quilt

 Sometimes us Barn Chicks get a wild hair and it takes everything not to close The Quilt Barn early so we can get started on a new project. We had one of those days last week.
 The beautiful Emily of Life, Etc. provided us the inspiration.  Her etsy store has these great rag hexagon quilts and we wanted to try making one.


Lori, Amy and I used our giant Go Baby and Heather cut her smaller hexagons using a ruler.
Heather's is the first one I have seen finished. I am almost finished putting on the binding on mine but I think I like how she left her binding off and made a raggy edge there too.


Heather used Sandi Henderson's Secret Garden. The other barn chicks and I used Flea Market Fancy.
Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

1 comment:

  1. Wow I love this color scheme! Thanks so much for the mention/compliments! I feel flattered to have had just a little to do with these beautiful rag quilts you guys made! Can't wait to see them in person!

    xo

    ReplyDelete