Saturday, June 2, 2012

Design Input


I am making a friend a wall hanging. She suggested a swap, this wall hanging for something knitted. I usually pick socks because I am knitting inept. I tried, I really did. I'm going to stick with quilting.

She emailed me a few color inspiration cards from Design Seed. We chatted a bit more and she would like a water type hanging.
I have made a pin board of our inspiration and I pulled the above fabrics.

Do you have any pattern ideas for me? Have you seen something on the world wide web that would fit? I would love your input. This type of wall hanging isn't something I have done before.

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

1 comment:

  1. Heather, years ago I made a baby quilt for a friend who wanted a "water" theme. I pulled out every green and blue I had and made a pile of half-square triangles, then just slapped them up on the design wall and started moving them around. My long-armer quilted it with a free-motion "wave" design. Big hit!

    ReplyDelete