Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween Window Part 2

First I want to remind everyone that we are having a sale on our machine quilting this week, 25% off, until the end of Saturday. This will be our last sale before Christmas and our cut off for quilts finished for Christmas will be a check in of November 15.
You can mail your quilt in and have the mail date stamped before Saturday. If you have any questions give us a call.


Part 2 of our Halloween Window. Laura, Tanner and I had such fun putting this window together. I had a willow tree die this summer and I had a brain wave. Hang that dead tree in the window.
We hung it horizontal and I stuck a few little hidden things in there. If you have been by, did you see them?
You can see another view of Heather's Tula Pink Nightshade Quilt. Also hanging on the end of the bed is a minky on minky quilted quilt, perfect for this time of year.
Tucked in the head of the bed is one of the sisters made in to a ruffle edge pillow.


Jenele's Olive the Owl is perched in a hand carved ladder chair and handmade Halloween rattle. Behind you can see Jenele's Haunted House quilt. We have a few more of these kits in stock. If you would like one give us a call and I will make you a custom order on etsy (250-4230-5092).


No quilt shop Halloween window would be complete wihout a vintage sewing machine.
 

Heather had book marked this rug pattern a while ago and when she saw Nightshade she pulled the pattern back out, she had found the perfect fabric,. I think it would also make a great table topper. I am not sure of the pattern but when I lock down the magazine I will update this post.



The final sister, a rogue pirate, is imortalized in a framed portrait in this custom bedroom. I simple ironed on a piece of fusible interfacing and cut around the frame. A fat quarter was taped to the cardboard frame insert (this frame was a mirror that we spray painted) and the portrait was taped to that. Done. The fat quarter can be reused.

Laura and I are busy planning our December windows. Pinterest has been a big help with inspiration. You can follow our Quilt Barn Pinterest Board.  Also find us on facebook.  Big thanks for all your support! You make our day!!

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment