Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Postage Stamp Quilting

It may have been this postage stamp quilt by Red Pepper Quilts that caught my attention.  It lead to a bit of research and I found a few different ways of making these scrappy quilts. This quilt's tutorial can be found here.

This tutorial from Oh, Fransson is the one that I am going to be using. I like trying out new (to me) techniques.

Heather, Amy, Laura, and I are all going to be making a postage stamp quilt this year. Depending on how big we want ours to be we will be making at least a block a month. I think I will be making 2 a month. I want to make a queen size quilt and I certainly have the scraps for it.I need to make a dent in that big bucket of mine.

I will share our block progress here. Laura will be using selected fat quarters for a unified look and I am looking forward to seeing how her blocks turn out.

I also have a pinterest postage stamp board.

Happy New Year to all of you! I, for one, have bit a very happy farewell to 2012 and am excited for 2013.

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment