Friday, August 2, 2013

Tula Pink Sampler Sewing Bee


One of the high lights of our Quilt Market trip was meeting Tula Pink (me for the first time!) and getting a signed copy of her newest book, 100 Modern Quilt Blocks, a City Sampler. The book is beautifuly laid out and blocks are organized in chapters.


I decided to go chapter by chapter so I am making cross blocks. They are 6.5 unfinished.
Three down, 97 to go.


I was thinking I could make 10 a month and be done in 10 months. The I was thinking I should start a Sewing Bee and other City Sampler sewers could meet once a month. We would sew for a bit and show off our blocks. I am going to try and use Tula Pink's fabrics (one of the above ones is a Anna Maria Horner) and if anyone else was using her fabrics we could swap. Some of the blocks take very little fabric.

Anyone interested? We have the books here in the shop and you could take a look and see what you think. I will post more info, dates, times, etc if this is something anyone wants to do with me.

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

2 comments:

  1. There is a sew along already happening over here:
    http://www.sewsweetness.com/2013/04/tula-pink-city-sampler-sew-along.html
    Just in case you haven't seen it :)

    ReplyDelete